ABS Sensor for NISSAN 0986594507
The most important function of the ABS sensor is not to shorten the braking distance, but to keep the directional stability of the car as much as possible while braking. When ABS is active, the friction between the wheel and the road surface is rolling friction, which will make full use of the maximum adhesion between the wheel and the road surface to brake, thereby increasing the braking acceleration and shortening the braking distance, but the most important thing is to ensure the car's Directional stability. When ABS works, it is equivalent to a high frequency to brake. Therefore, if the brake pedal is stepped on in an emergency, the brake pedal will be felt to vibrate, and the buzzing sound from the master cylinder will be heard. This is the normal operation of the ABS. The master cylinder continuously adjusts the brake pressure to produce a continuous feedback force to the brake pedal.
Installation and maintenance
1. When the ABS is assembled on the car, only the specially designed brake hose can be used.
2. Never press the exhaust valve or release the hydraulic line when pressurizing the ABS.
3. When turning on the ignition switch, never disconnect or connect any electrical connectors to prevent damage to the ABS control unit.
4. Do not tap the speed sensor component. The speed ring must be pressed into the hub without knocking into the hub. Removing these components may cause demagnetization or polarization, affecting the accuracy of the speed signal returned to the ABS control.
5. Do not confuse the tire size. As long as the tire remains close to the original diameter, increasing the width is acceptable. The rolling diameter of the four tires must be the same.
6. Failure to follow this precaution may result in inaccurate wheel speed readings.
7. Do not overtighten the wheel with the ear nut. In case of a curved rotor or brake drum, this can lead to inaccurate wheel speed readings.
8. Do not contaminate the speed sensor components with grease. When the system requires an anti-corrosion coating, only the recommended coating can be used.
9. After the speed sensor component is removed, always check the air gap of the sensor to the ring when using it.
10. Only use the recommended brake fluid. Do not use silicone brake fluid on cars equipped with ABS.
11. When installing a communication device on a car equipped with ABS, do not install the antenna near the ABS control unit.
12. Disconnect all onboard computers when using the welding equipment.
13. Do not expose the ABS control unit to high heat for a long time.
14. On a car equipped with an air spring suspension system, always set the suspension switch to the OFF position before raising the car.
15. In a vehicle equipped with a secondary restraint system (SIR), ie an airbag, the SIR system should be rendered inoperative before any ABS or adhesion control system is processed, thus avoiding damage due to accidental airbag opening or damage.
←Previous: No Information